Last Day of Spring Term
– Reminder that Students finish for the Easter break on Thursday 29th March 2018 at 1pm. The day will be a non-uniform day and we are again taking donations towards Rochdale Foodbank, the chosen charity of our Student Council. Whilst it is a non-uniform day, lessons will run as normal up to 1pm, so Students are asked to ensure they bring the correct equipment and resources for their lessons. Unfortunately the school buses will not be running in the afternoon, so Parents/Carers are asked to ensure their child(ren) have a safe alternative for getting home. The staff would like to thank Students, their Parents/Carers and other friends of the school for their ongoing support and wish you all a Happy Easter holiday.
Year 11 Drama Performance
– On Tuesday 27th March at 6.00pm in the Gracie Fields’ Theatre Year 11 GCSE Drama students will be performing their exam pieces to the AQA examiner. All parents are invited to come and see the students perform. The show should last approximately up to two hours.
Year 9 and 10 Rugby
– The Year 9 and 10 Rugby Team won their first fixture of the season, 5-3 against St Monica’s. Oulder Hill started well and were two tries up at half time, through tries from Maxx Wright and Mudassar Bashir. Both tries came from set pieces, with both Maxx and Mudassar using their strength to smash their way through several of the St Monica’s players to get over the line. St Monica’s had huffed and puffed in the first half but the Oulder Hill defence remained strong as Luke Crabtree and Ed Pickard controlled the breakdown. Excellent tackles from James Warburton and Mohammad Qaisar ensured that St Monica’s didn’t score. The second half started well for Oulder Hill as they scored a third try as Mohammad Qaisar scored. Qaisar was passed the ball by Dylan Stott on the half way line and he sidestepped and powered his way through the St Monica’s defence to score. St Monica’s hit back immediately with two quick tries, as they caught the Oulder Hill defence napping with two quickly taken penalties but good work from Thomas Mills resulted in Harris Bowden scoring to retain the two try cushion. St Monica’s scored again to increase the tension in the last 10 minutes but Mudassar Bashir barged his way through again to score the final try of the game. Final score: Oulder Hill 25 – 15 St Monica’s. They will now play Siddal Moor next Wednesday in their second fixture of the Intermediate Rose Shield. Congratulations to: Dylan Stott, Mudassar Bashir, Mohammad Qaisar, James Warburton, Edward Pickard, Luke Crabtree, Kyle Wilson, Callum Steel, Ahmad Mujtaba, Elliot Devine, Thomas Mills, Haaris Bowden, Maxx Wright, Mason Shortall and Liam Brigham.
Duke of Edinburgh Presentation Evening
– This week saw the annual Rochdale Duke of Edinburgh Presentation Evening for all Rochdale Schools. It was held at the Gracie Fields’ Theatre and six of our Year 10 students, for their volunteering section of their current Silver Award, organised and presented the whole evening. It was attended by the Mayor of Rochdale, Parents, Teachers and Students representing other Rochdale Schools. Oulder Hill had 73 students in total receiving their award. Congratulations to all the students on their fantastic achievement.
– Please note, Oulder Hill is now a cashless school and will no longer accept payments via cheque/cash. All payments will need to be made through Parentmail (PMX) via debit/credit card or PayPoint machine. If you have not already registered on PMX (Parentmail) you will need to ASAP, if you require any further information please contact the Finance department.
Tuesday 27th March – Year 11 Drama Exam Rehearsal
Tuesday 27th March, 6:00-8:00pm – Drama Showcase Evening
Wednesday 28th March – Year 11 Drama GCSE Exam
Wednesday 28th March – Year 10 Science PPE
Thursday 29th March, 1:00pm – School Closes to Students for Easter Holidays
Monday 16th April – School Reopens for Students
Monday 16th to Friday 20th April – Year 11 MFL GCSE Speaking Exams
Monday 16th to Friday 20th April – Year 10 Internal Exams
Friday 20th April, 3:00-6:00pm – Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award Training
Saturday 21st April – Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award Training Walk
Monday 30th April and Tuesday 1st May – Year 11 Art PPE
Friday 4th May, 11:50am-12:10pm – DEAR Time
Monday 7th May – Bank Holiday, school closed to students
Thursday 10th May, 2:00-6:00pm – Year 9 Form Tutor Review Day
Thursday 10th May – Year 10 GCSE Drama Workshop