The Department for Education Governors Handbook identifies three core strategic functions for school Governing Bodies.
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its students, and the performance management of staff.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
At Oulder Hill we are fortunate to have a supportive and dedicated Governing Body. Its members bring a wide range of skills, knowledge and experiences. Members of our Governing Body give freely their time to ensure the continued improvement and success of our school and to act as our “critical friend” when assessing school performance. Their commitment and expertise is a vital element of our school.
The Governing Body meets regularly, either as a full group or within sub-groups dedicated to particular areas of school management. Decisions are made at the sub groups and then ratified at meetings of the full Governing Body.
The sub-groups are;
- Teaching, Learning, Curriculum and Assessment Committee
- Personal Development, Behaviour, Inclusion and Welfare Committee
- Strategy and Resources Committee
Governing Body Members
Mr. Z. Al-Hassani (Chairperson)
Mr. P. Brassington (Joint Vice Chair)
Mr. B. Corless (Joint Vice Chair)
Mrs V O’Hare
Mr. M. Shafiq
Mr. A. Ali
Teacher / Staff Representatives
Miss A. Ward
Mr. J. Watson (Ex. Officio)
Mr. Z. Al-Hassani
Mrs. L. Beckles
Mrs. G. Benet
Mr P. Brassington
Mr B. Corless
Mrs. H. Hodgson
Mrs. A. McFarlane
Mr P Branton
Ms H Ellison
For a record of Governor’s attendance at recent meetings, please click here.
For more information on Governors’ terms of office, please click here; for more information regarding Governors’ committees, please click here and for the Governors’ Register of Business Interests, please click here.
For more information about becoming a Governor, please download and read the Governor Job Description by clicking here. If you are interested in becoming a Governor at Oulder Hill, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.