– Welcome back to all students and staff after what we hope has been a restful and relaxing break.
Cross Country Representatives
– Two students from Oulder Hill, Matthew Greenwood and Rosangela Sumbo, represented the Rochdale Harriers at the 2015 Greater Manchester Schools Cross Country race at Woodbank Park in Stockport. Both pupils had been selected to represent Rochdale following their success at the Rochdale Schools Cross Country event earlier in the year. Rosangela ran first, finishing 10th out of around 100 runners at her age group. Matthew finished 28th, again out of around 100 runners. This was a fantastic effort by both students to be ranked so high! Rosangela should now move on to represent Greater Manchester as she finished in the top 10 of her race.
Oldham Coliseum Performance
– Congratulations to the Year 9, 10 and 11 students who performed last week at the Oldham Coliseum Theatre. The students were taking part in a project whereby the theatre commissioned a script ‘The Dark Night’ to be written and four schools were given different parts of the script to perform at the Oldham Coliseum. The part our students performed was highly professional, slick and hugely entertaining, and showcased how talented our students are. The students have been working towards this since November and a lot of hard work by Mrs Royle went into making it such a success. Well done to: Caleb Grout, Alex Wilson, Callum Smith, Lani Knox, Zenab Ali, Emily Cavanah, Jaiomi Roberts, Connor Marland-Lord, Charlotte Warrington, Shannon Moorhouse, Sofia Christoforidis, Joshua Allen, Ashley Henderson, Melissa Lingard, Holly Norbury and Phoebe Massey.
Under 16s Girls Football Champions
– Well done to the Under 16 Girls Football Team who are Rochdale Schools Champions! They completed all qualifying games and games in the final without losing a match and only conceded one goal throughout the tournament. Congratulations to: Mio Griffiths, Megan Saville, Charlotte Cannings, Moet Griffiths, Sophie Charlton, Olivia Storto and Jessica Harrison.
Intra-School Table Tennis
– Players from a variety of school years competed in the first Oulder Hill Intra-School Table Tennis Competition before half term. Well done to the winners: Dylan Stott, Aadam Latif, Isaac Khan, Aaron Cragg and the runners-up: Rory Lee-Potter, Joshua Power and Thomas Coleman.
– Follow us on Twitter: @OHCS_Official