Parent Forum Fashion Show
– The Parent Forum are hosting a Fashion Show on Tuesday 31st March in the school’s Sports Hall. Doors open at 6:30pm, with the show starting at 7:00pm. Tickets cost £3.00 each, including either a glass of wine or soft drink. Tickets are available from Mrs Corlett at school, and must be purchased in advance.
Greater Manchester School Games – Swimming
– Congratulations to our amazing mixed swim team on their effort and achievements at the Greater Manchester School Games. Over 120 schools have taken part in the three stage swimming event. After the final stage Oulder Hill finished seventh overall! A special mention to Maxx Wright in Year 7 who is the Greater Manchester champion for 50m butterfly. He was also competing against students a year above him! Every student who represented us was just awesome, we are really proud of them all: Catherine Corless (Y8), Adam Partington (Y8), Maxx Wright (Y7), Emma Hughes (Y7), Isabel Pauline (Y7), Hollie Griffin (Y7), Liam Fernandes (Y7), Jess Verity (Y7) and Ethan Steel (Y7). Thank you to Mrs Coley and Mrs Tosh for accompanying the students to the Games.
Year 7 and 8 Table Tennis
– Well done to the Year 7 & 8 Boys’ Table Tennis Team who represented Rochdale at the Manchester Winter Games. They finished third in their group and were unfortunate not to qualify for the semi-finals, having comprehensively beaten New Charter Academy (Champions of Tameside) and narrowly being beaten by Newman College of Oldham and Altrincham Grammar School. The boys that represented Oulder Hill and Rochdale were Dylan Stott, Bailey Mills, Aadam Latif, Connor Marrow and James Warburton. Congratulations to them on their fine efforts!
Year 10 and 11 Rugby
– The Year 10 & 11 Boys’ Rugby Team had the privilege of unveiling the new Rugby kit designed by Jonni Allen, Kyle Dixon and Will Moore in a fixture against Siddal Moor. In tricky conditions Oulder Hill beat Siddal Moor 29-27 with a last minute try from Aaron Barclay. Oulder Hill started on the back foot and conceded a try as the wind proved difficult and Siddal Moor charged through the heart of the Oulder Hill defensive line. This did not deter Oulder Hill and they soon found themselves level with some intelligent play from Jonni Allen and Will Moore that ended up with Tri Nguyen sidestepping the bewildered Siddal Moor defence to make the scores level. Siddal Moor scored two quick tries, only for Ewan Johnson (playing his first game) to power through and score under the posts. At half time the score was 12 – 22 to Siddal Moor. In the second half, Oulder Hill started to find their rhythm playing some fantastic Rugby. Early second half tries from Harvey Mann and a solo effort from his own try line by Tri Nguyen brought Oulder Hill in front with the conversion from Aaron Barclay. Siddal Moor then fought back and put the Oulder Hill defence under considerable pressure but try-saving tackles from the Armour brothers, Darryl Kajese and Jonni Allen kept Oulder Hill ahead. Finally, this pressure paid off for Siddal Moor as they found their way over Oulder Hill’s try line. This left four minutes on the clock and Oulder Hill found themselves three points behind. From the kick, the Oulder Hill forwards turned the ball over to send Darryl Kajese free, he sidestepped two opponents only to be held up on the try line….he was so agonisingly close! From the resulting kick, Oulder Hill won a scrum and Jonni Allen popped the ball out to Aaron Barclay who smashed his way through several Siddal Moor players to score the winning try. Full time OH 29 – 27 SM. Well done to: Will Moore, Aaron Barclay, Callum Smith, Jonni Allen, Ibrahim Al-Ameeri, Tri Nguyen, Will Armour, Jonny Armour, Kyle Dixon, Harvey Mann, Darryl Kajese, Brandan Coughlan, Ewan Johnson and Nataniel Tomasik.
Year 7 Update
– Year 7 had quite a busy week last week showcasing their creations at the Sustainable Fashion Show. The winners were 7E with 7B a close second. We would like to say well done to all the students for their creations and team work on Immersion Day. We also took 90 students to Jump Nation in recognition of their hard work and great attendance record. Keep it up Year 7! We would also like to pass on our congratulations to 7B for having the highest attendance this term – they will be rewarded with a celebration breakfast.
– School finishes for the Easter break on Thursday 2nd April at 2:50pm. School re-opens at 8:30am on Monday 20th April. We hope you all have a relaxing break and return to school refreshed and ready to learn.