– Thursday 7th May sees the annual Dance Showcase starting at 7:00pm in the Gracie Fields Theatre. Tickets are on sale from the school reception, and are priced at £3 for Adults and £2 for Concessions. Please come along and show your support for our talented students and staff, who have been working hard to produce this event.
Drop Everything and Read!
– Our next “Drop Everything and Read” (DEAR) session takes place during afternoon tutorial on Thursday 7th May. The aim of DEAR is to create a culture of reading for pleasure and to eradicate the stigma attached to reading. Students and staff will be taking part, and they will be encouraged to read from a variety of materials including books, newspapers and magazines.
VE Day Commemorations
– The History department are leading the commemoration of the 70th anniversary of VE Day on Friday 8th May with various activities planned for Key Stage 3 students.
Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award – Practice Expedition
– Students undertaking the Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award will be undertaking their practice expedition on Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th May. More details are available from Mrs McCarry, Duke of Edinburgh Co-ordinator. We hope all involved are prepared for their adventure, and that the weather is kind to them.
Year 9 Football – Cup Final Result
– The Year 9 Football team suffered a defeat in the Rochdale Schools Cup Final, 2-3 to Cardinal Langley. The boys were devastated with the final result but Mr Bardsley and Mr Meah are so proud of the boys for reaching the final, the first team from our school to do so in several years, and also the progress that they have made as a team over the past year. Well done to: Babar Rashid, Lewis Hamer, Matthew Greenwood, Hayden Lewis, Danny Devine, Dayne Stewart, Deen Imran, Bailey Turner, Abdul Akram, Hakeem Gbajabiamila, Tom Tobias, Jack Turner, Jordan Parkhill and Marcus Welsby. Also, thank you to all the staff who came along to support the team.