Year 4 International Day – Tuesday 23rd June
– Year 4 International Day takes place on Tuesday 23rd June, when Year 4 students from some of our local primary schools will have a fun-filled, educational morning undertaking various activities relating to foreign languages and culture.
INSET Day – Friday 26th June
– Friday 26th June is a staff INSET Day; school will be closed to students. School will re-open on Monday 29th June at 8:30am.
Practice Expedition – Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award
– The Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award participants will undergo their Practice Expedition on Friday 26th, Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th June. They are travelling to Derbyshire, where they will start in Hathersage and finish in Hope. The 26 students involved will be staying at two different campsites as they walk approximately 50 kilometres in total. We hope they have a great time and that the weather is kind to them!
Year 7 Parents’ Evening – Monday 29th June
– Year 7 Parents’ Evening will take place on Monday 29th June, from 4:00-7:00pm. Students have been asked to arrange appointments with their subject teachers. For more information regarding Year 7 Parents’ Evening, please contact the Year 7 team at school.
Rochdale Schools Athletics Competition
– Congratulations to all the athletes who represented Oulder Hill at the Rochdale Schools Athletics Competition, where students finished second overall out of eleven schools, our best ever result! The Year 7 Girls and Year 7 Boys teams finished first, Rochdale Champions for their age group. The Year 8 Girls, Year 9 Boys and Year 10 Girls finished second overall, and the Year 8 Boys finished third overall. Thank you to the PE department and the additional staff who helped organise and run the event.
Years 9 & 10 Boys Rugby
– The Year 9 Rugby team participated in the Greater Manchester Rugby 7s Competition at Trafford MV RFC. The boys involved played four matches; winning two, drawing one and losing one. Well done to: Hakeem Gbajabiamila (6 tries), Daniel Madeley, Ismaeel Ahmed, Callum Ruffell, Eddy Riley, Dayne Stewart (2 tries) and Liam Hicks.
The Year 10 Rugby team participated in a fixture against Altrincham College for Arts. Oulder Hill ran out comfortable winners with Harvey Mann the stand out performer with 5 tries. The team also participated in some specific Rugby 7’s coaching to aid their development. The students involved were: Jonni Allen, Jonny Armour, Will Armour, Will Moore, Stephen Nairn, Harvey Mann, Callum Smith and Nataniel Tomasik.
Thank you to Mr Bardsley and Mr Jackson for coaching the teams and accompanying them on the day.
Not Strictly Eurovision – Results
– Recently we hosted our Not Strictly Eurovision event in the Gracie Fields Theatre. Over 400 children from eleven local primary schools took part, and the atmosphere on the night was electric! Well done to all those who participated in the event, and thank you to all the staff and volunteers who ensured the evening ran smoothly. Our top three finishers were: First Place: Our Lady & St Pauls RC, Second Place: St Mary’s RC Primary, Langley and Third Place: St Luke’s Primary.
Oulder Hill Careers Fair – Wednesday 8th July
– We will be hosting the Oulder Hill Careers Fair in our Sports Hall on Wednesday 8th July. Students are invited to attend from 10:00am – 3:00pm, and Parents/Carers are welcome to join us from 3:00 – 7:00pm. There will be the opportunity for discussion with outside providers, including local sixth form colleges; local universities; apprenticeship providers and the Army and RAF, regarding career opportunities and entry requirements, as well as receiving information, advice and guidance on chosen career paths.