Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award – Final Expedition
– From Sunday 12th to Wednesday 15th July, the Year 10 students participating in the Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award will travel to the North Yorkshire Moors to undertake their Final Expedition. This will involve three days of walking, and three nights of camping and cooking for themselves. We hope they all complete their Award successfully and that the weather is kind to them!
Oulder Hill Sports Day
– Oulder Hill Sports Day will take place on Tuesday 14th July. The day will be split in to Year 7 and 8 form activities followed by Sports Day, and Year 9 and 10 Sports Day followed by form activities.
Parent Forum Meeting
– The final Parent Forum meeting of this school year will take place on Thursday 16th July from 5:45 until 7:00pm in the LRC. New and existing members are all welcome to attend. For more information about the Parent Forum, please contact Mrs Corlett at school.
Year 9 & 10 Cricket – CHAMPIONS!
– Congratulations to the Year 9 & 10 Cricket Team who are Rochdale Cricket Champions once again! St. Cuthbert’s scored 89 runs and Oulder Hill achieved the same total with four overs remaining and only two batsmen down. The opening partnership of Daniel Cryer and Brandon Kwei-Sutcliffe again proved too strong for the opposition as both batsmen put on a superb batting display to help overcome the St. Cuthbert’s run total. Star performer of the day was Daniel Cryer who made an unbeaten 70 runs and also took four wickets when bowling. Other key wickets were taken by Marcus Welsby and Thomas Booth. Well done to all the players involved: Daniel Cryer, Brandon Kwei-Sutcliffe, Babar Rashid, Thomas Booth, Anees Khan, Lewis Midgley, Emmerson Bradshaw, Marcus Welsby, Rayhan Iqbal, Omar Javid, Ben Whitehead and Danny Devine.
Year 7 – Race for Life
– On Thursday 9th July, the whole of Year 7 took part in their very own Race for Life in aid of Cancer Research UK, running just over a mile as a minimum. The children thoroughly enjoyed their afternoon and are now collecting in all their sponsor money. Thank you to parents, carers and friends who have sponsored our pupils for this worthy cause.
Year 7 – Gifted and Talented Artists
– The Year 7 Gifted and Talented artists went on a reward visit to The John Rylands Library in Manchester on Monday 6th July. They took part in a sketchbook making workshop and had a tour of the beautiful building. They had an opportunity to create some sketches form the ornate decoration and stained glass windows inside the Library. All the students were excellent and very well behaved. The staff commented on their levels of concentration throughout the day. A fantastic opportunity well deserved for these budding artists!