Year 7 & 8 Cricket – CHAMPIONS!
– Congratulations to the Year 7 & 8 Cricket Team who are now Rochdale Schools’ Cricket Champions having defeated Hollingworth in the final. Oulder Hill won the toss and opted to field first restricting a very strong Hollingworth team to 90 runs. This was mainly due to superb bowling from Mohid Ul-Haq (who has recently been selected for the Lancashire B team) and Saif Zulfiqar. This meant that Oulder Hill required 91 runs to win off 16 overs. Oulder Hill started off badly with Fawaaz Ul-Haq being bowled first ball, however a great batting performance from Naeem Hussain holding one end up whilst Mohid Ul-Haq scored the runs at the other end brought Oulder Hill back into the game. Mohid Ul-Haq was eventually caught out having scored a memorable 70 runs for the team, including one huge six. In the end it came down to the last seven balls with Saif Zulfiqar in to bat and Oulder Hill requiring six runs to win. He played and missed at the first ball and then hit a tremendous six to claim victory for Oulder Hill. Many congratulations to: Harry Toogood, Zain Iqbal, Zaki Bowden, Fawaaz Ul-Haq, Mohid Ul-Haq, Naeem Hussain, Mohammed Anwar, Saud Zahid, Shehryar Qureshi, Aadam Latif and Saif Zulfiqar. Man of the Match was Mohid Ul-Haq for a match winning batting display. Thanks also to the staff who attended to support the team, and to Mr Pickles for coaching them.
Oulder Hill are now Rochdale Cricket Champions at every age group! Well done boys!
“Future Physicist of the Year”
– Mirza Baig (Year 10) has been given an award as a “Future Physicist of the Year” by the Ogden Trust for his effort and work in Physics which included his participation in the school’s Astronomy Club. Mr Koziaryn attended the ceremony with Mirza at Oldham Sixth Form College, the Regional Science Centre, where Mirza was presented the award by Sir Peter Ogden’s wife. As the recipient of the prize, Mirza received some book vouchers and can now also apply for a bursary if he decides to study a physics related degree at University. Well done Mirza!
Year 7 Race for Life
– Rochdale Online have published an article about the Year 7 Race for Life, please click this link to read the article: http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/49/school-news-articles/97058/oulder-hill-pupils-join-the-fight-against-cancer.
– Over 500 students will be out of school on Monday 20th July on Reward Trips, in recognition of their excellent behaviour and attendance records. Students are visiting Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Lightwater Valley and Chill Factore. Students remaining in school will have the opportunity to take part in different activities as opposed to their normal lessons, including karate, technology and a visit from the Army.
– School closes for the summer holidays on Tuesday 21st July at 1:00pm. We hope you all have a relaxing break and look forward to welcoming our new and existing students back on Thursday 3rd September at 8:25am.
Results Day 2015
– Year 11 students will be able to collect their GCSE results on Thursday 20th August from 9:00am. Year 10 Core Science results will be available from 11:00am.
Keep the Kids Safe This Summer!
– It’s the summer holidays and time for the kids to relax, enjoy the weather and spend time with their friends! We want them to be able to enjoy summer but it’s important to help them look after themselves and each other, stay safe and stay in control. The safe4summer.com website is the place to go to find out about events and activities happening in your area, tips for keeping everyone safe and our ‘It’s not a game’ video. To help them enjoy it even more, we’re offering the chance to win a brand new pair of Beats by Dr. Dre headphones by entering our competition! All they have to do is visit our website and fill in a short survey.