This Week’s Theme:
– Be Responsible
Languages Trip to Rome
– On Thursday 15th October 22 students and three members of staff will be going to Rome, Italy for a residential visit. During this visit students will visit the sights of Ancient Rome such as the Colosseum and the Pantheon. They will learn about Roman history and get a chance to use the language in an authentic context. The group will also visit the Vatican City and the National Gallery of Modern Art and they are all looking forward to the visit very much.
Year 9 Boys’ Rugby
– The Year 9 Boys’ Rugby Team played their first competition of the year at Eccles RUFC. Mark Cueto was a surprise guest for the event and he spoke with the boys and refereed games (Mr Bardsley gave the boys homework to find out who he was prior to the competition!) Although they only won one out of their six games, Oulder Hill battled hard and showed resilience against some very strong Rugby Union teams. The stand out performer was the captain, Ethan Pope. He displayed excellent leadership skills and created a real team ethos. Tries were scored by Saif Zulfiqar, Mohammed Faisal and Jack Ashton. Well done to all the students involved: Isma’il Mackmood, Ethan Pope, Joe Moore, Luis Andrew, Aadam Latif, Nick Sunderland, Eren Dincer, Jack Taylor, Mohammed Faisal, Jack Ashton, Harry Toogood, Saif Zulfiqar, Muzamil Bashir and Zaki Bowden.
Year 7 Boys’ Football
– The second Year 7 Boys’ Football match of the year ended in a closely contested draw (5-5!) against St Anne’s. Goals were scored by Ethan Brierley (4) and Adam Hamid. Mr Arain’s joint Man of the Match went to Ethan Brierley and Spencer Allen. The team consisted of: Jake Gretton, Mohammed Saadoon, Josh Smith, Adam Hamid, Ethan Brierley, Harris Khan, Alex Johnson, Matthew Hill, Ethan Kwei- Sutcliffe, Ben Allen and Spencer Allen. Well done boys!
Aspire Channel Swim – Update
– Lorcan Jackson and Teddy Smalley, two of our Year 8 students who are taking part in the Aspire Channel Swim, have now completed 400 lengths of the pool, which is over six miles! Well done boys, keep up the good work!
Year 8 Boys’ Rugby
– The Year 8 Boys’ Rugby Team participated in their first competition of the year at Sedgley Park RUFC. During the competition, the team played five matches and won two, drew one and lost two. The results in full are: OH 0-4 St Mary’s High School, OH 2-1 Ashton on Mersey, OH 1-2 Siddal Moor, OH 2-2 Up Holland and OH 3-0 Manchester Enterprise Academy. Stand out performers were captain Edward Pickard who was inspirational at the breakdown (and he also scored his first ever try) and Mohammed Qaisar who scored 4 tries. Well done to all the students involved: Mohammed Qaisar, Edward Pickard, Isaac Khan, James Warburton, William Strudwick, Aaron Hill, Luke Crabtree, Liam Fernandes, Elliot Devine, Mudassar Bashir and Declan Steeple.
Year 8 Boys’ Football
– The Year 8 Boys’ Football Team were narrowly beaten 2-3 by Siddall Moor. Despite losing the match, the team played well and were unlucky not to earn at least a draw. The team was made up of: Joe Oldham, Ethan Steel, James Warburton, Dylan Stott, Maxx Wright, Dion Parker-Minchin, Bailey Mills, Chris Carney, Mohammed Qaisar and Connor Marrow. Well done to all those involved.
w/c Monday 12th October – Year 11 Science Coursework Catch Up (Two Weeks)
Wednesday 14th October – Immersion Day
Wednesday 14th October – Year 7 Freddie Fit
Wednesday 14th October – Year 8 Girls’ HPV Vaccinations
Thursday 15th October – SEND Drop In – 3:00-6:00pm
Thursday 15th October – Parent Forum meeting, 6:00pm, LRC
Thursday 15th October to Sunday 18th October – Languages Trip to Rome
w/c Monday 19th October – Year 11 Science Coursework Catch Up (Two Weeks)
Thursday 22nd October – Rochdale Celebration of Faith Event
Thursday 22nd October – Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award Parents’ Meeting
Friday 23rd October – Year 11 Interim 1 Reports sent home
Friday 23rd October – School closes for Half Term at 3:00pm.
Monday 2nd November – School re-opens after half term.
w/c Monday 2nd November – Year 10 Science Coursework Catch Up (Two Weeks)
Friday 6th November – Year 8 History Trip (TBC)