This Week’s Theme:
– Be Safe
Year 11 English Speaking & Listening Assessments
– Year 11 English Speaking and Listening assessments, worth 20% of the final IGCSE to be awarded, commence Monday March 14th to Friday 18th March inclusive. Letters to Parents/Carers will be sent out shortly. Staff have shared assessment date and venue with the students.
Year 11 GCSE Art
– Year 11 GCSE Art students have been given their exam question and now have 8 weeks to prepare and create a sketchbook which is worth 75% of their exam grade before the timed 10 hour final piece.
Year 7 Boys’ Rugby
– The Year 7 Boys’ Rugby Team competed in the Greater Manchester ‘All Schools’ Competition at Burnage RUFC. Oulder Hill finished third in their qualifying group, sadly missing out on the top two who qualified for the Lancashire ‘All Schools’ Competition. Oulder Hill started a little slowly but grew into the competition, playing some fantastic Rugby by the final game. Their results were: OH 0-2 Loreto, OH 3-1 Manchester Enterprise Academy, OH 1-2 Broadoak and OH 2-0 Manchester Cooperative Academy. The star performers were Jake Idiens and Liam Brigham. Well done to all the students involved: Thomas Mills (2 tries), Bailey Boyd-Aust, Ethan J Brierley, Haaris Bowden, Numaan Ali, Callum Steel (2 tries), Hayden Bell, Spencer Jones, George Townson, Kamran Turner, Kian Rehman-Hall, TJ Blackband, Liam Brigham (1 try), Lewis White and Jake Idiens (1 try). Thank you to Mr Bardsley and Mr Jackson for accompanying the team on the day.
U16s Boys’ County Basketball
– The U16s Boys Basketball Team recently took part in the U16s County Basketball Competition. The students performed really well in a very tough group and finished in 6th place overall out of 10 authorities. Three of the boys have been invited to trials with Manchester Magic. Well done to all the students involved, and thank you to all the staff involved.
U14s Boys’ County Basketball
– The following students represented Rochdale in the Boys U14s Basketball County Finals: Muzamil Bashir, Saif Zulfiqar, Zaki Bowden, Octavio Antonio, Adam Ali and Jordan Greenwood. The team were beaten 8-2 against Mossley Hollins (champions of Tameside), they drew 8-8 with Canon Slade (champions of Bolton) and then were beaten 16-4 against last year’s National Champions (St. Mathews of Manchester). The boys played exceptionally well and represented Rochdale and Oulder Hill with distinction. We congratulate them on their achievement of participating in the County Finals.
U16s Boys’ County Badminton
– The following students represented Rochdale as Champions of Rochdale in the U16s Badminton County Finals: Ibrahim Ansari, Marcus Welsby, Jack Turner, Joe Wrest and Callum Riley. Unfortunately, the team were narrowly beaten in the first game against Saddleworth 3-2 with Ibrahim Ansari winning both his singles and doubles games. In the second match of the day they were again narrowly beaten by Werneth College 3-2, with Ibrahim Ansari again the star performer. Well done to all the students involved.
Monday 8th February – Year 10 History Controlled Assessment (All Week)
Wednesday 10th February – Year 11 Dance Unit 4a Exam
Wednesday 10th February – Years 10 & 11 Young Enterprise Trade Fair
Friday 12th February – Year 11 Full Reports to Parents
Friday 12th February – School Closes for Half Term
Monday 15th – Friday 19th February inclusive – Half Term
Monday 22nd February – INSET Day, school closed to students
Tuesday 23rd February – School Reopens after Half Term
Tuesday 23rd February – Year 11 Photographs
Tuesday 23rd February – Years 9 & 10 Dance Workshop
Thursday 25th February – Immersion Day (whole school)
Thursday 25th February – Year 11 Drama Workshop
Saturday 27th February – Duke of Edinburgh Award Training Day
Monday 29th February – Year 11 Pre Public Exams (All Week)
Monday 29th February – Year 10 Science Pre Public Exams (All Week)
Thursday 3rd March – Year 8 Options Evening
Thursday 3rd March – DEAR World Book Day
Saturday 5th March – Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award Accompanied Walk