This Week’s Theme:
Year 11 IGCSE English Speaking Assessments
– Year 11 IGCSE English Speaking Assessments take place Monday 14th to Friday 18th March, worth 20% of the final IGCSE grade. Students need to rehearse their 3 – 4 minutes long presentation in advance of their assessment. Please take some time to listen to their presentation.
SEND Drop In – Thursday 17th March
– The next SEND Drop In evening takes place on Thursday 17th March, 3:00-6:00pm. For more information regarding this evening, please contact the SEND team at school.
Parent Forum meeting – Thursday 17th March
– Parent Forum host their next meeting on Thursday 17th March, 6:00-7:30pm in the LRC at school. New and existing members are welcome to attend. For more information about the Parent Forum, please contact Mrs Corlett at school.
Rochdale Music Festival
– A huge well done to all the Oulder Hill students who have participated in the Rochdale Music Festival over the last couple of weeks. The students have been phenomenally successful, with a wide range of first and second prize winners across various categories. Prize-winning students are listed below, and all the winners’ names and categories will be listed in an upcoming edition of Connect, the school newsletter. The event was an amazing experience for all the students involved, and they all did a fantastic job. Thank you to Mrs Lloyd, Mr Benet and Mr Jackson for their hard work preparing the students for the Festival. Well done to the prize winners: Holly Norbury, Connor Marland-Lord, Charlotte Warrington, Emily Cavanah, Millie Marcroft, Amira El Moamaly, Nayol Rosada, Jaiomi Roberts, Melissa Lingard, Ben Whitehead, Chloe Davies, Rebecca Gill, Hannah Mortimer, Daniel Williams, Ukulele Choir, Oulder Hill Key Stage 3 Girls’ Choir and Cry No More (rock band).
Lancashire Rose Shield – Years 9 & 10 Boys’ Rugby Competition
– This term, Oulder Hill have been invited to play in the Lancashire Rose Shield, a competition between five local schools in the area for teams made up of Year 9 and 10 students. We had our first match last week against Crompton House (CH), winners of the Shield last term. The conditions were not the best; rain, cold wind and a waterlogged pitch. CH started the game and immediately OH were on the attack and after 15 minutes were two tries ahead, courtesy of Hakeem Gbajabiamila and Dayne Stewart, both converted by Hayden Lewis. CH then rallied and scored four tries and three conversions. However, OH did not drop their heads and battled on with every player giving 100% in terrible conditions. In the last 15 minutes of the second half OH started to gain the advantage and scored two tries, courtesy of Mathew Greenwood and Hayden Lewis, who converted both. At the final whistle the score was Crompton House 33-28 Oulder Hill. It was an excellent game of rugby by both sides, with some hard tackling and good running. The following students were involved: Callum Ruffell, Eddy Riley, Joe Moore, Daniel Madeley, Zaki Bowden, Ethan Pope, Jack Turner, Hayden Lewis, Liam Hicks, Muzamil Bashir, Dayne Stewart, Hakeem Gbajabiamila, Mathew Greenwood and Saif Zulfiqar. Our next match is against Woodhey on Thursday 17th March, at Rochdale RUFC, and any support would be much appreciated.
Monday 14th March – Year 11 IGCSE English Language Speaking and Listening Assessments (All Week)
Thursday 17th March – Year 11 Artist Workshop
Thursday 17th March, 3:00-6:00pm – SEND Drop In
Thursday 17th March, 6:00-7:30pm – Parent Forum Meeting
Friday 18th March – Year 11 Artist Workshop
Friday 18th March – Year 8 Options Form Deadline
Saturday 19th March – Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award Accompanied Walk
Monday 21st March – Year 11 Dance Unit 2 Exam
Wednesday 23rd March – Year 10 Mock Interviews
Wednesday 23rd March – Year 11 Dance Practical Exam
Wednesday 23rd March, 4:00-7:00pm – Year 11 Parents’ Evening
Thursday 24th March – Year 11 Drama Practical Exam
Thursday 24th March, 3:00pm – School Closes for Easter Holidays
Monday 11th April, 8:25am – School Re-Opens after Easter Holidays