This Week’s Theme:
– Be Safe
Dance Showcase – Thursday 5th May
– On Thursday 5th May at 7:00pm, there will be a Dance Showcase in the Gracie Fields Theatre. Students from all years will be participating, presenting their dance work from this school year. Tickets cost £3.00 for adults and £2.00 for concessions, and are available from the school Reception.
Key Stage 4 Boys’ Rugby
– The Year 10 and 11 Boys’ Rugby Union Team played a fixture against Woodhey High School at Rochdale Rugby Union Club. The fixture was part of the practical assessment for those boys using Rugby Union as one of their sports for GCSE PE. Four of the five boys gained full marks for their assessment. Oulder Hill (OH) started well and raced into a 12-0 lead through tries from Hakeem Gbajabiamila and Jonni Allen. Both try scorers had to thank Harvey Mann and Kyle Dixon as they twice broke the defensive line to leave an easy try to be scored. OH rallied again and scored two more tries. Callum Smith, assisted by the Armour twins, managed to turn the ball over at the ruck and OH countered and devastated the bewildered Woodhey defence with some elaborate and exciting rugby finished off by Dayne Stewart and Hakeem Gbajabiamila. Hayden Lewis converted these. At half time the score was 26-15. OH started well in the second half and Woodhey soon succumbed to the pressure of the OH defensive line speed. OH started to excel as a team as Will Moore and Jonni Allen dictated play to allow Harvey Mann to break through and score under the posts twice. Woodhey again replied with another try but their elation was short lived as Hakeem Gbajabiamila finally got his hat trick by sidestepping the tiring Woodhey backline to take the final score to 46-26. The boys were a credit to the school. Congratulations to: Jonni Allen (1 try), Harvey Mann (2 tries), Jonny Armour, William Armour, William Moore, Brandan Coughlan, Nataniel Tomasik, Kyle Dixon, Matthew Greenwood, Hakeem Gbajabiamila (3 tries), Dayne Stewart (1 try), Hayden Lewis, Jack Turner, Conner Marland-Lord, Eddy Riley, Daniel Madeley and Callum Smith.
Year 8 Boys’ Football
– Congratulations to the Year 8 Boys’ Football Team who beat Matthew Moss 12-1. The players were brilliant and all contributed to what was a fantastic win. Well done: Isaac Khan, Ethan Steel, James Warburton, Cameron McGhee, Edson Daio, Dylan Stott, Mohammed Qaisar, Lucas Dowd, Fabio Azevedo, Dion Parker-Minchin and Tommy Coleman.
Year 9 Boys’ Football
– Well done to the Year 9 Boys’ Football Squad who secured an impressive victory over a very competent Kingsway Park side 6-1, which was a great win against a tough team. Congratulations to: Ethan Pope, Max Taylor, Muzamil Bashir, Tom Stuart, Harry Toogood, Ethan Haworth, Steven Johnson, Zak Choudhury, Shaun Skelton (one goal), Octavio Antonio (two goals), Saif Zulfiqar, Joe Golden, and man of the match Connor Roscoe (three goals).
Year 11 Boys’ Football
– Congratulations also go to our Year 11 footballers on their 7-0 victory against Matthew Moss. The team grew into the game and the lads gave a brilliant performance, particularly in the second half. Goal scorers were: Danny Cryer (2), Dominic Boothman, Joe Wrest, Cameron Filkin, Brandon Coughlan and Jamie Ogden. Special mention for Joe Wrest who dominated the midfield exchanges and kept the team on the front foot. Team in full: Kian Dunease, Will Moore, Harvey Mann, Dominic Boothman, Ben Howarth, Will Taylor, Joe Wrest, Cameron Filkin, Jamie Ogden, Brandon Coughlan, Danny Cryer, Henry North and Mohammed Awais. The lads have the opportunity to win the Division 2 title next Tuesday (10th May) after school. We host Kingsway Park needing to win by two clear goals. Any support would be most welcome.
Year 7 Boys’ Football
– The Year 7 Boys’ Football Team were unlucky to lose their semi-final cup match 4-2 against a strong Wardle team. Well done to the boys involved who played well despite the score line and did an excellent job representing the school: Jake Gretton, Josh Smith (1 goals), Adam Hamid, Ethan Brierley (1 goals), Alex Johnson, Harris Khan, Denny Green, Spencer Allen, Ben Allen and Joshua Ward.
Monday 2nd May – Bank Holiday – School Closed
Thursday 5th May, 11:50am-12:10pm – Drop Everything And Read (DEAR) Time
Thursday 5th May, 7:00pm – Dance Showcase
Tuesday 10th May – Year 8 Girls’ HPV Vaccinations
Wednesday 11th May – Year 9 Review Day
Friday 13th May – GCSE Enterprise Exam – Year 11 (AM)
Friday 13th May – GCSE Enterprise Exam – Year 11 (PM)
Monday 16th May – GCSE Religious Studies Exam – Year 11 (AM)
Monday 16th May – Year 10 Art GCSE Trip to Yorkshire Sculpture Park
Tuesday 17th May – GCSE French Listening and Reading Exams – Year 11 (AM)
Tuesday 17th May – GCSE Core Science Exam – Biology – Year 10 (PM)
Tuesday 17th May, 3:00-6:00pm – SEND Drop In Afternoon
Tuesday 17th May, 6:00-7:30pm – Parent Forum Meeting
Wednesday 18th May – GCSE ICT Exam – Year 11 (AM)
Wednesday 18th May – GCSE Religious Studies Exam – Year 11 (PM)
Thursday 19th May – GCSE Core Science Exam – Chemistry – Year 10 (PM)
Thursday 19th May, 4:00-7:00pm – Year 8 Parents’ Evening
Friday 20th May – GCSE Spanish Listening and Reading Exams – Year 11 (AM)
Friday 20th May – GCSE PE Exam – Year 11 (PM)
Monday 23rd May – GCSE iEnglish Literature Exam – Year 11 (AM)
Tuesday 24th May – GCSE Textiles Exam – Year 11 (AM)
Tuesday 24th May – GCSE Drama Exam – Year 11 (AM)
Tuesday 24th May – GCSE Engineering Exam – Year 11 (AM)
Tuesday 24th May – GCSE Geography Exam – Year 11 (PM)
Wednesday 25th May – GCSE Business Studies Exam – Year 11 (AM)
Wednesday 25th May – GCSE Core Science Exam – Physics – Year 10 (PM)
Thursday 26th May – GCSE Maths – Non-Calculator Exam – Year 11 (AM)
Friday 27th May, 3:00pm – School Closes for Half Term
Monday 6th June, 8:25am – School Re-Opens After Half Term