This Week’s Theme:
– Be Responsible
GCSE History Belgium Battlefields Trip
– 23 History GCSE students from Years 9-11 will be travelling to Ypres, Belgium from Thursday 29th September to Saturday 1st October. On the Friday evening, students will lay a wreath at the Last Post Ceremony at the Menin Gate on behalf of the staff and students of Oulder Hill.
GCSE Dance Workshop & Theatre Trip
– GCSE Dance students will be taking part in a workshop with the world famous Rambert Dance Company in school on Tuesday 27th September. This will be followed by a trip to the Lowry Theatre on Wednesday 28th September to see the Dance Company in action on stage. This work is part of the new GCSE Dance exam specification.
Year 8 Boys’ Football
– The Year 8 Boys’ Football Team enjoyed a win on their first game of the season against Middleton Technology School. The game was a very even contest with both teams playing some fantastic football, but OH managed to edge the game 2-1, with goals scored by Ethan Kwei-Sutcliffe and Joshua Smith. Congratulations to the students involved: Jake Gretton, Alex Johnson, Spencer Allen, Joshua Ward, Harris Khan, Ethan Kwei-Sutcliffe, Ethan Brierley, Denny Green, Hayden Bell, Joshua Smith and Isaa Jawaid.
Year 9 Boys’ Football
– Congratulations to the Year 9 Boys’ Football Team who defeated Matthew Moss 3-0 in their first football match of the season. The goals came from Connor Marrow, Tommy Coleman and Fabio Azevedo. Mr Pickles’ Man of the Match was Dion Parker-Minchin for some fantastic wing play providing the ammunition for our strikers to score. Well done to the whole team: Joe Oldham, Lucas Dowd, Maxx Wright, Ethan Steel, Mohammad Qaisar, Tommy Coleman, Dylan Stott, Connor Marrow, Dion Parker-Minchin, Edson Daio, Fabio Azevedo, Mason Shortall and Cameron McGhee.
Year 10 Boys’ Football
– The Year 10 Boys’ Football Team began their 2016/17 campaign with a 3-3 draw against Matthew Moss. The goals were scored by Ethan Haworth, Steven Johnson and Shaun Skelton. Thank you to the following students who took part and were a great representation of our school: Muzamil Bashir, Aadam Latif, Ethan Pope, Gavin Nyoni, Connor Roscoe, Saif Zulfiqar, Haaris Hamza Farooq, Ethan Haworth, Steven Johnson, Joe Golden, Sulayman Qadir, Shaun Skelton, Tom Stuart and Max Taylor.
Monday 26th September – European Day of Languages
Monday 26th to Friday 30th September – Year 10 Italian Assessment 1
Monday 26th & Tuesday 27th September – Year 11 GCSE Art Sculpture Workshop
Tuesday 27th September – Year 7 Form Tutor Review Day
Tuesday 27th September – Years 9-11 GCSE Dance Workshop
Thursday 29th September – Drop Everything and Read (DEAR)
Thursday 29th September to Saturday 1st October – Years 9-11 GCSE History Battlefields Trip
Monday 3rd to Friday 7th October – Year 11 MFL Assessment 4
Monday 3rd to Friday 7th October – Year 10 Italian Assessment 1
Monday 3rd October – Year 10 GCSE Art Visit to Whitworth Art Gallery
Thursday 6th October, 6:00-8:00pm – Key Stage 4 Matters Evening
Thursday 6th to Sunday 9th October – Languages Trip to Milan
Friday 7th October – Year 11 GCSE Geography Trip to Ingleton
Monday 10th to Friday 14th October – Year 11 MFL Assessment 4
Wednesday 12th October – Immersion Day (All Years)
Thursday 13th October, 6:00-7:30pm – Parent Forum Meeting
Monday 17th October, 6:00pm – Duke of Edinburgh Award Parents’ Meeting
Friday 21st October – Year 10 GCSE Business Studies Trip to Jaguar Land Rover
Friday 21st October, 3:00pm – School Closes for Half Term