This Week’s Theme:
– Be Safe
Macmillan Coffee Morning
– Staff and Year 11 students at OHCS participated in the Macmillan Cancer Support charity’s ‘World’s Biggest Coffee Morning’ fundraising event and raised £273. The Senior Leadership Team had a ‘Great British Bake Off’ inspired ‘showstopper’ challenge, much to the delight of the staff. Thank you to all the staff and students who donated cakes and raised money for an excellent cause.
Year 7 “Race for Life”
– A reminder to Year 7 students to come in to school on Wednesday 12th October in non-uniform in preparation for their “Race for Life”! Thank you to all those parents, carers and friends who have sponsored and supported us in preparation for this fundraiser.
Immersion Day – Wednesday 12th October
– On Wednesday 12th October we will be having our first Immersion Day of this academic year. On Immersion Day, all students participate in various activities instead of their usual timetable, with each year group following a different theme. On this Immersion Day, Year 7 will be doing CATS tests and the “Race for Life”; Year 8 will be having a Town Planning Day, where they will develop, design and build their ideal town; Year 9 students will be visited by the “Prison Me! No-Way!” team discussing crime prevention; Year 10 will be participating in team building challenges, and will have a talk from health practitioners; and Year 11 students are having a Human Rights Day, where they will be tackling a number of sensitive current issues. We hope all the students enjoy their day!
Parent Forum Meeting – Thursday 13th October, 6:00pm
– The first Parent Forum meeting of this school year takes place on Thursday 13th October at 6:00pm in the school’s Learning Resource Centre. New and existing members are welcome to attend. For further information about the Parent Forum, please contact Mrs Corlett at school.
Year 9 Boys’ Football
– Congratulations to the Year 9 Boys’ Football Team who defeated Falinge 9-0 in their second football match of the season. The goals came from Connor Marrow (3), Tommy Coleman, Fabio Azevedo, Dion Parker-Minchin, Maxx Wright and Edson Daio (2). The team played some superb attacking football; well done to the whole team: Isaac Khan, Lucas Dowd, Maxx Wright, Ethan Steel, Mohammed Qaisar, Tommy Coleman, Dylan Stott, Connor Marrow, Dion Parker-Minchin, Edson Daio, Fabio Azevedo, Mason Shortall and Cameron McGhee.
Year 8 Boys’ Football
– The Year 8 Boys’ Football Team made it three wins from three this season with a 4-0 victory against Kingsway Park with goals from Ethan Kwei-Sutcliffe, Denny Green and Ethan Brierley (2). The team’s next game is at home against Falinge in the cup. Well done to all the students involved: Jake Gretton, Alex Johnson, Spencer Allen, Harris Khan, Ethan Kwei-Sutcliffe, Ethan Brierley, Denny Green, Hayden Bell, Joshua Smith, Isaa Jawaid and Ben Allen.
Year 7 Boys’ Football
– Congratulations are in order for the Year 7 Boys’ Football Team who defeated Matthew Moss 13-0. The goals came from Daniel Brine (4), Brieley Gates (2), Max Megson (2) Daniel Howarth (2), Kelton Porter, Harry Butterworth and Stephen English. Well done to all the students who took part: Ashton Hines-Whitehouse, Jack Cowen, Kelton Porter, Taylor Crook, Bailey Smith, Frank Bennett, Max Megson, Brieley Gates (Captain), Daniel Brine, Harry Butterworth, Stephen English and Daniel Howarth.
Monday 10th to Friday 14th October – Year 11 MFL Assessment 4
Wednesday 12th October – Immersion Day (All Years)
Thursday 13th October, 6:00-7:30pm – Parent Forum Meeting
Monday 17th October, 6:00pm – Duke of Edinburgh Award Parents’ Meeting
Friday 21st October – Year 10 GCSE Business Studies Trip to Jaguar Land Rover
Friday 21st October, 3:00pm – School Closes for Half Term
Monday 31st October, 8:25am – School Opens after Half Term
Friday 4th November – Year 9 GCSE Business Studies Trip to Manchester Airport