This Week’s Theme:
– Be Responsible
Year 7 “Race for Life”
– Thank you to all those parents, carers and friends who have sponsored and supported the Year 7s in our “Race for Life” fundraiser. The children should now be bringing their money in and we will announce our final amount as soon as we can. More information to follow.
Year 10 Business Studies trip
– A group of 45 Year 10 Business Studies students will be visiting the Jaguar/Land Rover factory in Halewood, Liverpool on Friday 21st October as part of the course requirement to study different businesses. Students will receive a safety presentation followed by a video about the history and product range of the company. They will then be given a tour of the factory before participating in a curriculum activity linked to their Business Studies course. We hope they have an enjoyable, informative day.
– Mr Jackson is delivering a Horticulture course to students in Years 9, 10 and 11. One of their projects is to build and maintain an allotment in the school grounds, and then grow and harvest their produce to sell to the school community. To help turn the soil on the allotments, Mr Jackson would like to borrow a rotorvator for himself to use if anyone can be of any assistance. If there are any gardening enthusiasts out there who would like to share their knowledge of gardening with the students, please contact Mr M. Jackson at school.
Year 7 Boys’ Football
– Well done to the Year 7 Boys’ Football Team who are through to the next round of the cup after a 1-0 victory against Wardle. Both teams played extremely well, with Oulder Hill just edging the match with a brilliant defensive display to keep out the Wardle attack. Congratulations to: Ashton Hines-Whitehouse, Jack Cowen, Kelton Porter, Taylor Crook, Bailey Smith, Jack Campbell, Frank Bennett, Max Megson, Brieley Gates, Daniel Brine, Harry Butterworth, Mackenzie Davies and Daniel Howarth.
Year 10 Boys’ Football
– The Year 10 Boys’ Football Team were unfortunate to lose in the first round of the Cup after a gutsy performance against a strong St Cuthbert’s side. The students involved all played well, with an outstanding performance from Mr Pullan’s Man of the Match, Mohid Ul-Haq. The players involved were: Muzamil Bashir, Max Taylor, Gavin Nyoni, Aadam Latif, Ethan Pope, Zak Choudhury, Steven Johnson, Thomas Johnson, Ethan Haworth, Haaris Hamza Farooq, Saif Zulfiqar, Sulayman Qadir and Mohid Ul-Haq.
Year 11 Boys’ Football
– Congratulations to our Year 11 Football team who have made an excellent start to the season. They scored a late winner to beat Falinge Park 3-2 in the Cup before following that up with a comprehensive 6-1 league victory against Cardinal Langley.
Monday 17th October, 6:00pm – Duke of Edinburgh Award Parents’ Meeting
Friday 21st October – Year 10 GCSE Business Studies Trip to Jaguar Land Rover
Friday 21st October, 3:00pm – School Closes for Half Term
Monday 31st October, 8:25am – School Opens after Half Term
Friday 4th November – Year 9 GCSE Business Studies Trip to Manchester Airport
Thursday 10th November – Year 7 Rochdale Library Trip