This Week’s Theme:
– Be Respectful
Languages Trip to Milan
– On 6th October, 26 students from Years 8-11 are going to Milan for a residential visit. During the visit they will get to experience different aspects of the city’s culture and they will visit major attractions such as the Pinacoteca di Brera, the ‘Leonardo da Vinci’ Museum of Science and Technology and the Sforzesco Castle. There will also be time, of course, for pizza, ice cream and shopping! Students are very much looking forward to the visit and they will have many opportunities to practise their Italian during the visit too.
GCSE Art Visit to Whitworth Art Gallery
– Year 10 GCSE Art students will be visiting the Whitworth Art Gallery in Manchester on Monday 3rd October. The visit meets assessment objectives one, three and four and is very important for students’ contextual study of artists’ work to pass the GCSE. Students will be leaving school at 10:00am and will return for approximately 2:45pm, and must be in full school uniform.
GCSE Geography Trip to Ingleton
– Year 11 GCSE Geography students will be visiting Ingleton village and the Waterfall Trail on Friday 7th October to collect primary and secondary data for their Controlled Assessment. Students need to arrive at school in sensible clothing (waterproofs in the event of wet weather) and appropriate footwear (ideally walking boots or trainers). Students will be leaving school via coach at 8:15am and will arrive back to school at approximately 5:00pm.
Cross Country Congratulations!
– Congratulations to Rosangela Sumbo who recently came first in the Rochdale Schools’ Cross Country. Rosangela also won the Rochdale 1 Mile Fun Run in a time of 06:05 – well done Rosangela!
Year 7 Boys’ Rugby – First Fixture
– The Year 7 Boys’ Rugby team participated in their debut competitive fixture at secondary school against Woodhey High. The final score was OH 15-5 Woodhey, an excellent result in what was their first ever game of rugby for some members of the team! The tries were scored by: Olly Mills, Will Rawlinson, Ben Kershaw, Joel Rigby, Ben Sunderland and Raees Ali. Congratulations to the students involved: Joel Rigby, Raees Ali, Olly Mills, Bin-Yameen Hussain, James O’Neill, Louis Hopkins, Ben Sunderland, Ben Kershaw, Will Rawlinson, Uwais Ameen, Nathan Rea and Jack Cowen. Any Year 7 Boys interested in joining the Rugby Team, please speak to Mr Bardsley.
Year 8 Boys’ Football
– The Year 8 Boys’ Football Team played their second game of the season away at St Anne’s Academy. The players were a credit to the school, showing excellent sportsmanship throughout, finishing as 10-0 winners! Goals were scored by: Ethan Brierley (3), Ethan Kwei-Sutcliffe (3), Hayden Bell and Josh Smith (3). Well done to: Jake Gretton, Alex Johnson, Spencer Allen, Joshua Ward, Harris Khan, Ethan Kwei-Sutcliffe, Ethan Brierley, Denny Green, Hayden Bell, Josh Smith, Isaa Jawaid and Ben Allen.
Year 7 Boys’ Football
– The Year 7 Boys’ Football Team had their first fixture representing Oulder Hill against Hollingworth Academy. The Team started very well but unfortunately the result did not go their way, with the final score 2-6. The boys performed extremely well individually, showing lots of skill and having the majority of possession. The boys who took part were: Frank Bennett, Daniel Howarth, Mackenzie Davies, Jacob Pauline, Ibrahim Ali, Jack Campbell, Billy Haworth, Daniel Brine, Harry Butterworth, Max Megson, Jack Cowen, Bailey Smith and Taylor Crook. Any Year 7 Boys interested in joining the Football Team, please speak to Miss Scholey.
Monday 3rd to Friday 7th October – Year 11 MFL Assessment 4
Monday 3rd to Friday 7th October – Year 10 Italian Assessment 1
Monday 3rd October – Year 10 GCSE Art Visit to Whitworth Art Gallery
Thursday 6th October, 6:00-8:00pm – Key Stage 4 Matters Evening
Thursday 6th to Sunday 9th October – Languages Trip to Milan
Friday 7th October – Year 11 GCSE Geography Trip to Ingleton
Monday 10th to Friday 14th October – Year 11 MFL Assessment 4
Wednesday 12th October – Immersion Day (All Years)
Thursday 13th October, 6:00-7:30pm – Parent Forum Meeting
Monday 17th October, 6:00pm – Duke of Edinburgh Award Parents’ Meeting
Friday 21st October – Year 10 GCSE Business Studies Trip to Jaguar Land Rover
Friday 21st October, 3:00pm – School Closes for Half Term
Monday 31st October, 8:25am – School Opens after Half Term