This Week’s Theme:
– Be Safe
Year 11 English
– Q by Q revision booklets for GCSE Language exam papers are now uploaded to the school’s VLE for students to download as preparation for their Pre Public Exams in March and as revision for their actual GCSE exams in June.
Year 11 English Revision Guides
– English revision guides are available to buy up to Friday 3rd March. Letters have been given out by English teachers, and the books can be purchased from Reception.
Year 8 Boys’ Table Tennis
– Congratulations to the Year 8 Boys’ Table Tennis team who have won the Rochdale Schools Table-Tennis Competition, and will now go on to represent Rochdale at the Greater Manchester School Games. The players were: Josh Smith, Hasan Sharif, Spencer Allen, Ethan Kwei-Sutcliffe and Ismail Usman. Well done to our Year 7 team, who finished second in the same competition: Frank Bennett, Max Megson, Bradley Anstee, Olly Mills and Jacob Pauline.
Boys’ Under 16 Basketball
– The Boys’ Under 16 Basketball Team took part in the County Finals recently, finishing fifth out of ten Champion schools. All the boys enjoyed their experience and played above themselves throughout the tournament. The boys won three and lost two of the five matches they participated in. Well done to: Damien Green, Dayne Stewart, Akeel Ahmed, Fahad Anwar, Jack Turner, Babar Rashid, Zakariyya Habib, Ethan Creswell, Abdul Akram, Adam Ali, Mudassar Bashir, Mohsin Naqvi and Arham Ansari.
Girls’ Under 16 Basketball
– The Girls’ Under 16 Basketball Team also participated in the Greater Manchester Finals. The team were unfortunate not to win any of their matches, but nonetheless did Oulder Hill proud. Well done to: Eve Thornsby, Anna Kershaw, Jess Hughes, Rosangela Sumbo, Summer Baro, Zoya Gill, Zara Bradley-Ahmed, Shannon Doyle, Lydia Entwistle and Memuna Iftikhar.
Year 9 Boys’ Rugby
– The Year 9 Rugby team played in the Greater Manchester ‘all schools’ festival in freezing conditions. Oulder Hill were pitched in a group against Walkden High, Barlow High School and Newall Green High School. Oulder Hill showed a lot of grit and determination, winning two of their three games. Oulder Hill ended up finishing second in their group. This was a fantastic result considering many of the boys were playing their first ever game. Star performers were Ayub Sajad, Kyle Wilson, Sajid Ali and Maxx Wright, all competing in their first ever game, and also Dylan Stott for some great teamwork and support play. Results: OH 15 – 0 Newall Green – Two tries from Maxx Wright and one from Mudassar Bashir; OH 20 – 0 Barlow High School – Two tries from Maxx Wright and two from Mudassar Bashir; OH 15 – 25 Walkden High School – Three tries from Maxx Wright. Well done to: Mudassar Bashir, Dylan Stott, James Warburton, Lucas Dowd, Liam Fernandes, Isaac Khan, Edward Pickard, Mohammad Qaisar, Luke Crabtree, Maxx Wright, Sajid Ali, Ayub Sajad and Kyle Wilson.
Monday 13th February – GCSE Drama Workshop with Edge Hill University
Thursday 16th February – Year 9 Duke of Edinburgh Award Training Day
Friday 17th February, 3:00pm – School Closes for Half Term
Monday 27th February, 8:25am – School Re-Opens after Half Term
Monday 27th February to Friday 3rd March – Year 11 Pre Public Exams
Tuesday 28th February, 1:00-3:00pm – Year 11 GCSE Drama Controlled Assessment Unit 2
Thursday 2nd March – Year 10 Edexcel Physics Pre Public Exam
Thursday 2nd March, 11:50am-12:10pm – Drop Everything and Read (DEAR)
Thursday 2nd March, 6:00-8:00pm – Year 8 Options Evening
Monday 6th to Friday 10th March – Year 11 Pre Public Exams
Tuesday 7th March – Year 11 Photograph
Tuesday 7th March – Year 7 Waterstones Trip
Wednesday 8th March – Years 9, 10 & 11 GCSE Drama Workshop
Thursday 9th March, 4:00-7:00pm – Year 7 Parents’ Evening
Thursday 9th March, 1:00-3:00pm – Year 11 GCSE Drama Controlled Assessment Unit 2
Friday 10th to Friday 17th March – Science Week (All Years)
Saturday 11th March – Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award Accompanied Walk