This Week’s Theme:
– Be Respectful
Oldham Coliseum Partnership Scheme – Drama Performance
– Mrs Hunt and Mrs Royle have been working with the Oldham Coliseum Partnership scheme. They are taking a group of year 9 and 10 drama students to perform at the Oldham Coliseum on Monday 13th March. The piece is called Friendship and is based on football fans and cloning. The performance starts at 7.30pm, tickets are available at the Oldham Coliseum box office.
Year 7 Rugby
– The Year 7 Rugby Team won their Greater Manchester ‘All Schools’ Festival at Burnage RUFC. The boys played superbly, growing in confidence game by game. During the Festival, they won three matches and lost two, winning the day overall. They had a fantastic day and their behaviour was impeccable. The results from the day were as follows, with try scorers in brackets: OH 1 v 2 Manchester Academy (Ben Kershaw); OH 3 v 0 Newall Green High School (Nathan Rea 2, Jack Cowen); OH 0 v 1 Hawkley Hall High School; OH 4 v 0 Up Holland High School (Olly Mills, Joel Rigby, Daniel Brine, Ben Kershaw) and OH 1 v 0 Manchester Academy (Ben Kershaw). Well done to all the students involved: Ben Sunderland, Ben Kershaw, Joel Rigby, Raees Ali, Will Rawlinson, Louis Hopkins, Jack Campbell, Jack Cowen, Mackenzie Davies, Nathan Rea, Daniel Brine, Harry Butterworth, Charlie Idiens and Olly Mills.
Year 11 Football
– Congratulations to the Year 11 footballers who played superbly in their most recent game. In what was an excellent advert for school football between two very good teams, Oulder Hill were victorious in their cup quarter final against Hollingworth Academy, winning by 5 goals to 2. The lads were brilliant to a man. Well done to: Babar Rashid, Abdul Akram, Marcus Welsby, Nelson McKeown, Hayden Lewis, Jabir Samater, Hakeem Gbajabiamila, Lewis Hamer, Damien Green, Saqib Bahadar, Dayne Stewart, Matthew Greenwood, Danny Devine and Jack Turner.
Year 10 Boys Football
– The Year 10 Boys Football Team were very unlucky to lose their recent match 4-3 against Kingsway Park. The boys involved gave 100% effort: Muzamil Bashir, Aadam Latif, Ethan Pope, Thomas Johnson, Sulayman Qadir, Haaris Hamza Farooq, Mohid Ul-Haq, Joe Golden, Tom Stuart, Connor Roscoe, Max Taylor, Saif Zulfiqar and Steven Johnson.
Year 7 Boys Football
– The Year 7 Boys Football Team lost their recent match against St Cuthbert’s 3-2. The goals were scored by Harry Butterworth and Bailey Smith. The players involved were: Ashton Hines-Whitehouse, Taylor Crook, Jack Cowen, Bailey Smith, Frank Bennett, Mackenzie Davies, Harry Butterworth, Ben Kershaw, Jack Campbell and Daniel Howarth.
Monday 13th March – Year 11 GCSE Dance Controlled Assessment Unit 4b
Tuesday 14th March – Immersion Day (All Years)
Wednesday 15th March, 1:00-3:00pm – Year 11 GCSE Drama Controlled Assessment Unit 2
Wednesday 15th March – Year 8 Geography Zoolab Presentation
Thursday 16th & Friday 17th March – Year 11 GCSE Art Workshop
Friday 17th March – Year 8 Options Form Deadline
Monday 20th to Friday 24th March – Year 10 MFL Assessment 3
Tuesday 21st March – Year 11 GCSE Drama Rehearsals (All Day)
Tuesday 21st March – Year 10 Mock Interviews (All Day)
Tuesday 21st March, 3:00-6:00pm – SEND Drop In Afternoon
Tuesday 21st March, 6:00-7:30pm – Parent Forum Meeting
Tuesday 21st March, time TBC – Drama Showcase Evening Performance
Thursday 23rd March, 4:00-7:00pm – Year 11 Parents’ Evening
Friday 24th to Sunday 26th March – Years 9 & 10 GCSE Geography Residential
Saturday 25th March – Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Accompanied Walk
Monday 27th to Friday 31st March – Year 10 MFL Assessment 3
Tuesday 28th March – Year 8 Review Day
Tuesday 28th March – Year 11 GCSE Dance Controlled Assessment Unit 2
Tuesday 28th & Wednesday 29th March – Year 11 GCSE Drama Mock Exam
Thursday 30th March – Year 11 GCSE Dance Exam
Friday 31st March – Year 11 Photograph
Friday 31st March, 3:00pm – School Closes for Easter Holidays
Tuesday 18th April, 8:25am – School Re-Opens after Easter Holidays