This Week’s Theme:
– Be Responsible
GCSE Drama Showcase
– GCSE Drama Show Case in the Gracie Fields Theatre Tuesday 28th March 6.30pm. All are welcome to watch the fantastic work of our Year 11 GCSE Drama students. There is no charge for tickets for the evening, but voluntary contributions will be most welcome
Donations for Kenyan School and Orphanage
– Mrs Weston, one of our teaching assistants, will be visiting a Kenyan School and Orphanage called Hope during the Easter holidays. Mrs Weston will be taking a suitcase with donations for the orphanage, if there are any donations you would like to make please pass them on to Mrs Weston. Suitable items to donate are: dolls, kid’s football shirts or kits, fancy dress outfits, any small figured toys, any type of toiletries especially toothbrushes and toothpaste.
– Congratulations to the Under 13’s and the Under 15’s Table Tennis team who represented Rochdale at the Greater Manchester Youth Games. The Under 15’s team was made up of Kyle Brock, Rhys Jay, Usman Ilyas and Kyle White. They played St James Catholic High School beating them 5-1 in a combination of singles and doubles matches. They also defeated Our Lady’s School on points 3-3 (points recall needed on individual games) and were unfortunate not to progress to the semi-final stage having been beaten by Fred Longworth High School and Altrincham Grammar School. The under 13’s team was made up of Josh Smith, Hassan Sharif, Ethan Kwei-Sutcliffe and Spencer Allen. Unfortunately, they were in a very tough group which included Manchester Grammar School and St James Catholic High School and they were unlucky not to progress to the next stage narrowly being beaten in both fixtures. Well done to the students involved as they performed exceptionally well on the day and their behaviour was impeccable.
Year 8 Football
– The Year 8 Football Team maintained their 100% record in the league this season by beating Beech House 9-0. Star performers were Sophie Mills and Keegan McCann. Well done to all the students involved: Taylor Chambers, Mahdi Choudhury, Ethan Brierley, Danyal Nasim, Subhan Ijaz, Jake Idiens, Keegan McCann, Jenna Holt, Sophie Mills, Joe Jones, Momin Nadim, Aariz Yousaf, Ismail Usman and Ben Stott.
– The Year 8 Football Team won their latest league/cup double header 12-0 against Falinge Park High School. They have now progressed into the semi-final of the cup competition where they face a tough game against Cardinal Langley. Please congratulate the following pupils when you see them: Jake Gretton, Spencer Allen, Alex Johnson, Joshua Ward, Harris Khan, Ethan Brierley (2 goals), Ethan Kwei-Sutcliffe (2 goals), Denny Green (2 goals), Hayden Bell (2 goals), Joshua Smith (2 goals), Isaa Jawaid (2 goals) and Mahdi Choudhury.
Year 10 Boys’ Football
– Commiserations to the Year 10 Boys’ Football Team who lost their recent match against Middleton Technology 2-8. Despite the result, the boys gave their all and made Mr Pullan proud. The squad were: Aadam Latif, Gavin Nyoni, Hasnain Nawaz, Max Taylor, Muzamil Bashir, Connor Roscoe, Hesaan Yousaf, Josh Cass, Mohid Ul-Haq, Sulayman Qadir, Jack Lomax, Ethan Pope and Haaris Farooq.
Monday 27th to Friday 31st March – Year 10 MFL Assessment 3
Tuesday 28th March – Year 8 Review Day
Tuesday 28th March – Year 11 GCSE Dance Controlled Assessment Unit 2
Tuesday 28th March, 6:30-8pm – Year 11 GCSE Drama Showcase
Tuesday 28th & Wednesday 29th March – Year 11 GCSE Drama Mock Exam
Thursday 30th March – Year 11 GCSE Dance Exam
Friday 31st March – Year 11 Photograph
Friday 31st March, 3:00pm – School Closes for Easter Holidays
Tuesday 18th April, 8:25am – School Re-Opens after Easter Holidays
Friday 21st, 3:00pm to Sunday 23rd April – Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award Training Weekend
Tuesday 25th to Friday 28th April – Year 11 GCSE Art Exam
Thursday 27th April, 4:00-7:00pm – Year 10 Parents’ Evening