This Week’s Theme:
– Be Safe
Year 9 Make It Challenge
– On Friday 7th July Mr O’Doherty and Mr Pullan took a team of eight Year 9 Engineering students to Manchester United’s Old Trafford ground to take part in the “Make It” challenge. Having qualified from our area group, the team were now taking part in the North West Grand Final, teams gathered from schools as far apart as Wrexham in North Wales to Preston. The team’s challenge was to design, produce and market a fighter aircraft. They even had to design a unit for moving aircraft parts during production. Roles were allocated within the team: Managing Director, Finance Manager, Design Engineers, Production Manager, Quality Assurance, Logistics Manager and Sales & Marketing Executive. They were given four hours to bring their aircraft to the point of sale, where they then presented to a team of Dragons, and indeed the whole room. In a field of ten teams our team were narrowly beaten to the top spots, however Sarra Malik was presented with an award for outstanding leadership as Managing Director of the Oulder Hill team. It was a tremendous experience for: Sarra Malik, Alex Peckitt, Labibah Hussain, Edward Pickard, Kieran North, Ayub Sajad, Faisal Ali and Joshua Hayes. Well done to all eight of them.
Sports Day – Tuesday 18th July
– Oulder Hill Sports Day will be taking place on Tuesday 18th July, dependent on the weather, which at the moment is forecast to be good! All students will be involved on the day, whether they are participating in any of the athletics events or cheering on those who will be representing their form. The day will be split between form activities and Sports Day activities. Students are asked to attend in their PE kit on the day. As we are expecting good weather, please could students bring with them: a water bottle, sun cream, a hat and asthma inhalers (if required).
SEND Drop In – Tuesday 18th July
– A SEND Drop In afternoon will take place on Tuesday 18th July between 3:00-6:00pm in the LRC at school.
Parent Forum Meeting – Tuesday 18th July
– The next meeting of the Parent Forum takes place on Tuesday 18th July from 6:00pm in the LRC at school. New and existing members are welcome to attend.
– School closes for the Summer Holidays on Friday 21st July at 1:00pm. Please note there will be no school buses on this afternoon. We hope all our students, families and staff have a relaxing break, and we look forward to welcoming our new and existing students back refreshed and ready to learn on Wednesday 6th September.
Tuesday 18th July – Sports Day
Tuesday 18th July – Year 7 Rewards Trip
Tuesday 18th July, 3:00-6:00pm – SEND Drop In
Tuesday 18th July, 6:00-7:30pm – Parent Forum Meeting
Friday 21st July, 1:00pm – School Closes for Summer Holidays