– Please note, from Monday 30th October 2017 school will no longer accept payments via cheque/cash. All payments will need to be made through Parentmail (PMX) via debit/credit card or PayPoint machine. Please ensure you register on Parentmail (PMX) before this date, if you require further information please contact the Finance department.
– On Thursday 28th September, the English department have MANactco, an outside provider, coming in to perform to our current Year 11 students. This performance is based on the ‘Power and Conflict’ poems from the GCSE Literature exam and will assist students with their understanding.
– Our next “Drop Everything and Read” (DEAR) session takes place during tutorial on Monday 25th September. The aim of DEAR is to create a culture of reading for pleasure and to eradicate the stigma attached to reading. Students and staff will be taking part, and they will be encouraged to read from a variety of materials including books, newspapers and magazines.
– Year 11 GCSE Geography students will be visiting Blackpool over a two day period of Monday 25th and Tuesday 26th September. Students will be attending one day of the trip, where they will be collecting primary and secondary data for their fieldwork assessment in preparation for their Geography GCSE exam.
European Day of Languages
– European Day of Languages takes place on Tuesday 26th September, there will be various activities taking place in school to mark this day.
SEND Drop In
– A SEND Drop In afternoon will be held on Tuesday 26th September from 3:00-6:00pm in the LRC at school. For more information about this event please contact the SEND department.
Year 7 Review Day
– Year 7 Form Tutor Review Day takes place on Thursday 28th September from 2:00-6:00pm. A letter detailing the review day will be sent out in due course.
Year 11 Football
– Well done to the Year 11 Boys’ Football Team who got their final season off the ground with three hard-earned points against a very competent Matthew Moss side. A close fought game ended in a 6-4 victory for Oulder Hill! There were many candidates for Man of the Match, the accolade goes to Sulayman Qadir, not just for his two goals but for his energy and being a constant thorn-in-the-side of the Matthew Moss defence. Well done to the squad (goals in brackets): Aadam Latif, Max Taylor, Muzamil Bashir, Ethan Pope, Thomas Johnson (1), Sulayman Qadir (2), Haaris Hamza Farooq, Joe Golden (1), Tom Stuart, Gavin Nyoni, Connor Roscoe, Steven Johnson (2), Jack Lomax, Mohid Ul-Haq and Harry Toogood.
Year 10 Football
– Congratulations to the Year 10 Boys Football team who beat Kingsway Park 6-1. The team played some superb football and dominated all areas of the game. Goals were scored by Maxx Wright-3, Dion Parker-Minchin -1, Fabio Azevedo – 1 and Edson Daio-1. Man of the match was Dion Parker-Minchin with a fantastic display of wing play. Thank you to many of the team who also stayed behind after the game to help out with Open Evening. Well done to: Joe Oldham, Sajid Ali, Dion Parker-Minchin, Fabio Azevedo, Maxx Wright, Dylan Stott, Mudassar Bashir, Mason Shortall, Tom Coleman, James Warburton, Edson Daio and Cameron McGhee.
Monday 25th September – DEAR Time
Monday 25th and Tuesday 26th September – Year 11 Blackpool Fieldwork Visit
Tuesday 26th September – European Day of Languages
Tuesday 26th September, 3:00-6:00pm – SEND Drop In
Thursday 28th September, 2:00-6:00pm – Year 7 Form Tutor Review Day
Thursday 5th October – Year 9 Whitworth Art Gallery Visit
Wednesday 11th October – Attendance Panel
Wednesday 11th and Thursday 12th October – Year 11 Ingleton Field Work Visit
Thursday 12th October, 6:00-7:30pm – Parent Forum Meeting
Saturday 14th to Tuesday 17th October – MFL Trip to Italy
Tuesday 17th October – Year 11 Drama Workshop
Friday 20th October – Years 10 and 11 Crime and Punishment Case Study