Year 11 Parents Evening – Thursday 16th November 2017
– From Wednesday 8th November we will be using Parents Evening Manager on PMX (ParentMail), you will be able to book your parents’ evening appointments from your smartphone, tablet or computer. You will be alerted within the next couple of days to book your appointments, you will then be able to select the times that are convenient to you. The process is very straight-forward, however, if you need any assistance you can visit the ParentMail help site: www.parentmail.co.uk/help/parenthelp/ or alternatively contact the school. Please note, you will need to be registered on PMX (ParentMail) to be able to book appointments, if you haven’t received a registration email or text, please contact the school. Once registered, if you have an Android or Apple smartphone, we highly recommend you download the PMX (ParentMail) App so you can book appointments on your phone as soon as the appointment booking goes live. To do this, simply search for “ParentMail” in your App store. If you have any issues or queries with the process please contact Mrs Mottershead or Mrs Midgley at the school as soon as possible.
– Please note, Oulder Hill is now a cashless school and will no longer accept payments via cheque/cash. All payments will need to be made through Parentmail (PMX) via debit/credit card or PayPoint machine. If you have not already registered on PMX (Parentmail) you will need to ASAP, if you require any further information please contact the Finance department.
Year 7 Rugby
– On Tuesday 7th November, the Year 7 team played their first game of rugby against St Monica’s High School. They won the game 8-0. Many players had never played before and had only been to training for six weeks. Their next festival is after Christmas. Well done to: Thomas Ratu, Lewis Rook (1 try), Harrison Whittaker (1 try), Harley Hogarth (2 tries), Aiden Marland-Lord (2 tries), Alex Dowd (1 try), William Anson, Connor Felton, Kenzie Pickering, Hugh Brierley, Owen Ashworth, Louie Harmon, Thomas Taylor, Layton Naven, Max Thomas, Jake McLawrence and Quinlan Doyle (1 try).
Year 8 Rugby
– Last night, the Year 8 Rugby team played their first fixture of the season against St Monica’s High School. They won the game 10-4. The tries were shared throughout the team. Well done to: Ben Sunderland, Will Rawlinson, Joel Rigby, Raees Ali, Ben Kershaw, Jack Cowen, Jack Campbell, Alex Dowd, Olly Mills, Louis Hopkins, Nathan Rea, Harry Butterworth and Mackenzie Davies.
Year 10 Football
– Congratulations to the Year 10 football team who beat Siddal Moor 6-1 in the Rochdale Schools’ Cup. Well done to: Joe Oldham, Cameron McGhee, Mudassar Bashir, Lucas Dowd, Sajid Ali, James Warburton, Connor Marrow, Dylan Stott, Mason Shortall, Dion Parker-Minchin, Fabio Azevedo, Edson Daio, Kyle Wilson, Maxx Wright and Ethan Steel. Goals were scored by Edson Daio, Maxx Wright and Dion Parker-Minchin.
Monday 13th November – Rochdale Library Visit (Targeted Year 7 Students)
Tuesday 14th November, 11:50am-12:10pm – DEAR Time
Wednesday 15th November – Years 7-10 Reports to Parents
Wednesday 15th November – Immersion Day All Years
Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th November – Year 11 Mock MFL Speaking and Listening Exams
Thursday 16th November – Year 11 Parents’ Evening
Thursday 16th November – Year 11 Tate Gallery Visit
Tuesday 21st and Wednesday 22nd November – Year 11 Drama Workshop
Thursday 23rd November, 6:00-8:00pm – Celebration Evening
Thursday 23rd November – Year 8 Magna Trip
Friday 24th November – INSET Day, School Closed to Students
Monday 27th November to Friday 1st December – Year 11 PPEs
Monday 4th to Friday 8th December – Year 11 PPEs
Monday 4th December – Year 10 Form Tutor Review Day
Wednesday 6th December – Attendance Panel
Thursday 7th December, 3:00-6:00pm – SEND Drop In
Thursday 7th December, 6:00-7:30pm – Parent Forum Meeting